Bring our museum to your classroom! Trained museum educators will come to your school to conduct an interactive historical workshop. Through the examination of historical artifacts and arts and crafts, students will gain a deeper knowledge of African American history in Prince George’s County.
- A Space of Their Own: Experience the history of Prince George’s County’s historically Black Townships.
- Coming Home: The Story of African Americans in WWII and how they shaped community life in Prince George’s County.
- A Struggle for Dignity: An Artistic Exploration of Slavery and Emancipation
- War of 1812: The Life and Times of Charles Ball: Once Slave and Soldier
- Paper Dolls: Poetic Responses to the Artwork of Ulysses S. Marshall
Duration: 45 minutes-1 hour, Age Group: All Grades
2011-2012 School Partners: Center for the Visual & Performing Arts (CVPA), Suitland High School
2012-2013 School Partners: CVPA, Suitland High School & G. James Gholson Middle School
2013-2014 School Partner: Suitland High School
2014-2015 School Partners: Suitland High School, Northwestern High School, PGCPS Cultural Passport Program
To learn more about these programs, please contact:
Laura Perez, Director of Education and Public Programs
Phone: 301-809-0440, ext 110
Address: 4519 Rhode Island Avenue, North Brentwood, MD. 20722